Re: [ft-devel] Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 156, Issue 16

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 156, Issue 16
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 19:23:36 +0000 (UTC)

 Message: 6
 Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 09:23:10 -0500
 From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov <address@hidden>
 To: Hin-Tak Leung <address@hidden>
 Cc: Behdad Esfahbod <address@hidden>,
 address@hidden
 Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType DLL
 support (Re: Freetype-devel
     Digest, Vol 156,
 Issue 12)

> Good. Strictly technical now,
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa271769(v=vs.60).aspx

> According to this, dllimport/dllexport
> is an optimization rather than a hack. If gcc/clang do that
> regardless than it just a question of interoperability
> between compilers.

That URL is very old - vc6 is about 20 years old. You should look at something
more current, and from the GNU camp.

https://sourceware.org/binutils/docs/ld/WIN32.html
same info as
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/4/html/Using_ld_the_GNU_Linker/win32.html

As I repeat so many times, those dllimport/dllexport hacks are
microsoft-compiler-specific, and mingw/cywgin gcc does not need them.