Re: [ft-devel] How to map a char to glyph with pcf

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] How to map a char to glyph with pcf
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 08:23:00 +0100 (CET)

PLEASE, don't send such large e-mails to the list!

>>  Yes.  In FreeType, after selecting the character map, you can now
>>  use `FT_Load_Char' to map a (16bit) code value in `buf' to a glyph
>
> Do you mean
>
>  FT_Error FT_Select_Charmap(FT_Face      face,
>                             FT_Encoding  encoding);
>
> I tried it,
>
>    https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/trZNMgwccR/
>
> but I get error code 6.

No, I mean `FT_Set_Charmap'.  `FT_Select_Charmap' usually doesn't work
for PCF fonts since they don't contain standard mappings.

Your sample code doesn't extract the BDF properties from the PCF files
to derive the character mapping information, as mentioned in a
previous e-mail.  Please read carefully what I write!  I already
invest far too much time in answering your e-mails...

> Is there some sample code?

I don't have one.