Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC 2018] New font drivers

From: Parth Wazurkar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC 2018] New font drivers
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 19:17:48 +0530

Hi all,
1. For the working of GSoC, I will have one branch `test` for testing and random stuff and one `clean` branch with proper commits which can eventually be merged. I am not clear about the role of `freetype-commit` maling list, please help here.
I am not getting this "Please commit to `master' only after discussing the intended changes in advance." (as mentioned by Werner sir in the last mail) whether we have to commit changes directly to master?
2. I wanted to ask about status update method whether it should be through e-mail or blog posts. I am more inclined towards blog posts as they will ensure all the progress at a single place and can be accessed easily.
3. Initially I will be setting up my development environment for the project.

Currently I am having my university exams going on, so I will not be able to work full time and as mentioned in the proposal I will compensate this time after 3rd May i.e. after my exams.

Also I wanted to ask if I am missing out on any part in the work flow of FreeType please help me here.

Thank You
--
Regards
Parth