Re: [ft-devel] [Doubt]Meaning of `module_init` function

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [Doubt]Meaning of `module_init` function
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 08:23:51 +0200 (CEST)

> The `FT_Module_Class` structure has a `module_init` function.  Some
> font drivers have this function defined and some do not (`pcf` has
> it defined but `bdf` do not).  I cannot understand the meaning and
> use of this function for font drivers.

If the driver needs a separate driver record object for whatever
reason, this function is used to initialize the necessary fields in
this object.  The BDF driver doesn't have that (it uses
`FT_DriverRec'), contrary to the PCF driver.  The `PCF_DriverRec'
structure needs field `no_long_family_names' initialized, and this is
what `pcf_driver_init' does.