Re: [ft-devel] commit #84eebf4802 breaks compilation with older version

From: John Emmas
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] commit #84eebf4802 breaks compilation with older version of MSVC
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 08:28:12 +0100

On 18/05/2018 21:39, Nikolaus Waxweiler wrote:
Do you have cmake installed? If so and you're bored, what happens when you use it to generate a project file?

Hi Nikolaus,

The project file generated by cmake has Intrinsic Functions set to "no" (so it'll also create the problem I reported). Having said that, I need to be clearer about the problem...

freetype itself gets built as a static library - and as such, the fact that _BitScanReverse is missing doesn't show up (at that stage). It's only later (when I try to use freetype in some other project) that the linker suddenly complains.

So the bottom line is that freetype's own projects (including the project you generate from cmake) all now need to set "yes" for the option to enable Intrinsic Functions. Hope that makes sense,

John