Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 21:00:52 +0530

Well, `...' should be eventually resolved into `...` and '...'.

OK, I came up with 2 regex expressions to try and find inline code sequences,
and was able to replace 394 `...' quotes to `...`. All other quotes will be
converted to '...' (these changes were done in markify.py).

However, this is *not* fool-proof, and many variable names would have been
left out (stuff like 'face', 'source'...)

(Regex available at
https://github.com/nikramakrishnan/freetype-docs/blob/markdown/markdown_utils.py#L96,
if anyone is interested).

The changes have been pushed to the preview site.

I prefer `lsquo' and `rsquo'.

OK, I have retained this.

BTW, the problem with the note section in
https://nikramakrishnan.github.io/freetype-site/ft2-glyph_management/#ft_get_glyph
is now fixed because those are now inline code blocks :-)
I'm not sure if there are more of these, but eventually we have to figure
out a way for this to not happen.

Because we will now switch to markdown, we may have to be careful with
the usage of asterisks. They are used to begin points in unordered lists and
wrap italics text.

Asterisks, although should be used directly in inline code blocks (`...`),
should always be escaped (\*) in normal text.

--
Nikhil