Re: [ft-devel] [Doubt] Error with STREAM_FILE function.

From: Parth Wazurkar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [Doubt] Error with STREAM_FILE function.
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 02:44:03 +0530

>There is not a single font driver in FreeType that uses `FT_FILE'.
>It's definitely the wrong interface.  FreeType either accepts font
>files or fonts that are preloaded into a memory buffer.  For the
>latter you can't use `fopen' and friends; this is another reason for
>being the wrong interface.
>Function `gf_load_font' gets an `FT_Stream' object; this means you can
>use the FT_STREAM_XXX macros, for example `FT_STREAM_SEEK'.

Oh, I was planning to get the driver first running by using the file functions directly
and then eventually convert to the FT specific stream macros. Currently I was also
facing  issues when ftview went into FTC_Manager_LookupFace and it was giving
a segmentation fault, I was just figuring out what was the error, but it seems the
usage of file functions here is causing problems. Now I can first focus on converting
the stream usage. Thanks!

>I suggest that you have a look (again :-) into `winfnt.c'.
Yes! Will do. Thanks!

--
Parth