Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 07:31:42 +0200 (CEST)

> OK, I came up with 2 regex expressions to try and find inline code
> sequences, and was able to replace 394 `...' quotes to `...`. All
> other quotes will be converted to '...' (these changes were done in
> markify.py).
>
> However, this is *not* fool-proof, and many variable names would
> have been left out (stuff like 'face', 'source'...)

Indeed.  Essentially, everything that can be used within C code should
be tagged with `...`, for example `FT_Glyph`, `FT_GLYPH_H`, etc.

Maybe it makes sense to convert everything starting with `FT_...' to
`...`?

> Because we will now switch to markdown, we may have to be careful
> with the usage of asterisks.  They are used to begin points in
> unordered lists and wrap italics text.

OK.  This is something to be added to a forthcoming
`docs/DOCUMENTATION' file.  I invite you to write this while doing the
conversion processĀ :-)