Re: [ft-devel] Browsing API docs locally, and other updates

From: Ankit Dhankhar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Browsing API docs locally, and other updates
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 11:17:22 +0530

I was looking at how browsing the docs locally would work. With the current
[....]I am looking forward to
integrating this with docmaker, whenever available.

They already have support for that. Using 'mkdocs serve' command you can
browse website locally.

* I have considered alternatives like Jekyll and Sphinx:
    - Jekyll requires installing ruby to build the site. Not everybody has
    the time or patience to do this.

Jekyll doesn't require time to install. To build site using locally user have to
install bundler and using that Jekyll.

* I have updated the site to the latest commit (7915fd51f). Most problems
with incorrect markdown parsing and formatting have been fixed now. Please
report any problems faced, and please suggest changes!
https://nikramakrishnan.github.io/freetype-site/ft2-toc

Great :)

* Next, I will start working on converting the FreeType website to Markdown.
Here, we can use anything from Jekyll, Sphinx, MkDocs etc. Please suggest!

Mkdocs is good, but if is going to separated documentation from other stuff
this(https://github.com/aksakalli/jekyll-doc-theme) jekyll theme could be used.

Ankit