Re: [ft-devel] About errors in gf driver.

From: Parth Wazurkar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] About errors in gf driver.
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 19:46:07 +0530

>> > I have found that `ftview' is not allocating
>> > `handle->current_font->num_indices' correctly for the gf driver,
>> > [...]
>>
>> As a rule of thumb: The error is most certainly not in `ftview' but
>> in your code.  It is *very* unlikely that `ftview' works for all
>> formats but GF...
>
> I did not mean that the error was in ftview, but I wanted to know
> where the driver was failing to allocate proper values in ftview.

I have no idea.  You should single-step through the code with a
debugger... – at least this is what I would do.
Ok.

> Yes, I was working on it, as I did `make devel; make', but could not
> figure out why this was not working, I thought first I give a try to
> learn it and then ask for doubts.

Well, we are six weeks after starting the project – this seems rather
a long time for learning...
> Also, I am not well acquainted with valgrind, so I was learning it
> first and then I was going to reply you.

Actually, there is nothing to learn except calling it!  The produced
output is almost self-explanatory IMHO.
Ok.

>> BTW, what simple program are you using to check whether the GF
>> module works?
>
> No, I am not using them.  I am directly using ftview to check for
> its working.

This is not optimal, since `ftview' uses the caching code, making
everything a bit more complicated (as you have already notived).  I
strongly suggest to use a small program derived from the tutorial's
`example1.c' program.  Then you can do two debugger sessions in
parallel, one opening a PCF file, say, the other one opening a GF
file.  It should then quickly become obvious where the problems in
your code are.
Ok. This is nice.

Thank you

--