Re: [ft-devel] FT_Done_MM_Var + FT_Library

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_Done_MM_Var + FT_Library
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 23:06:26 +0200 (CEST)

> Today I played with multiple masters and naturally I came across
> `FT_Done_MM_Var'.  I wonder, why I have to set `FT_Library`
> explicitly to deallocate `FT_MM_Var'?

The reason is that...

> On the surface, it would be convenient if `FT_MM_Var' could keep
> track of its library (or face) internally

... it was not possible to add any internal fields to `FT_MM_Var'
since everything contained in it is defined in a public header file,
`ftmm.h'.  Consequently, I had to access a structure that contains a
pointer to FreeType's deallocator, and the most natural choice was
`FT_Library'.