Re: [ft-devel] Problems in GF_Glyph_Load function.

From: Parth Wazurkar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Problems in GF_Glyph_Load function.
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 23:05:33 +0530

> While debugging through the `GF_Glyph_Load' function in `gfdrivr.c',
> I found out that the typecasting of `FT_Face' into `GF_Face' is not
> working properly.  In, `GF_Face gf = (GF_Face)FT_SIZE_FACE( size
> );', when I extract the `gf_glyph' element from `gf', it is unable
> to return the glyph bitmap table.  Can anyone please point out where
> the error can be.

Obviously, the size object doesn't contain the right GF_Face object.

But, then this way works for bdf and winfont. Why is it so?

Hard to say more without running the debugger.  I suggest that you
check the address of the created GF_Face object; it should be the same
as returned by FT_SIZE_FACE.  If you get a different address you have
to find out where the FT_Face object within FT_Size is set and
possibly changed.  To track changes, you can probably use the

  watch -l ...

command within gdb.

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks.