Re: [ft-devel] GSoC status update.

From: Parth Wazurkar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC status update.
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 12:23:22 +0530

> * GF Driver: I have added support for parsing the `xxx' and `yyy'
> commands.  Now the gf driver supports all the `gf' font files!  I am
> working on the possibilities of parsing information from these
> commands.

Good.  Does `ftview' amd friends already work?

No not yet.

I've still not found
time to have a closer look at the issue, sorry (still on vacation more
or less).  Please try to debug it by yourself also – I can only
assist, since it's actually your job to find the bug...

Yes, I am working on it. If you could just give me a lead like where should
I look upon and like possible sources of errors, it will be great help.

> * PK Driver: The `pk' driver is almost similar to the `gf' driver.
> I have added all the code for the pk driver in the branch
> `parthw-pk-vf'.  The driver is running properly and allocating
> bitmap values like the gf driver!

Good, too :-)  Still waiting for an image from `ftview'...

Will get it running soon! :-)

> Please let me know if there are any instructions for me :-)

I suggest that you get rid of `UINT' and friends, replacing it with
`FT_UInt' and similar FreeType entities.  This should (a) make the
source code appearance more uniform, and (b) it should make debugging
easier since you have to remember less typedefs.

Ok.

Thank you

Parth