Re: [ft-devel] Need clarification on font cutoff

From: madana gopal
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Need clarification on font cutoff
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 18:19:55 +0530

Hi,

I am not blaming, just trying to understand :). Could you please share the reason of why extra dots/lines came in older versions of freetype. Just I will think in same angle on our code what we could have done wrong in manipulation?.

Thanks.

Regards,
Madan

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 6:12 PM, Alexei Podtelezhnikov <address@hidden> wrote:

> Basically, there is no difference.  The bug might be either in
> FreeType or in your code, unveiled by a change in FreeType.  I can't
> tell.

Madana,

We need you to git bisect the bug, unless you can tell us how to reproduce it (share code and font, or steps using Freetype demo tools). There is no other way around it.

Looking at your edge artifacts, I can only speculate that your program deviates from API and tries to be too smart with bitmap dimensions or positions instead of just using what Freetype returns. You code is probably almost always right so you tend to blame Freetype, which is natural but wrong.

Alexei