Re: [ft-devel] Theme designs for the FreeType Website

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Theme designs for the FreeType Website
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 18:12:16 +0530

Is there a particular reason why the left navigation panel is
horizontally so small?  On the attached image you can see, for
example,

  The v40
  TrueType
  interpreter
  mode

i.e., four lines for a single item...

Maybe it helps to make the panel wider and/or reduce the font size a
bit.

Increased the panel width and reduced the font size a bit. Should look
better now.

> The API reference is at
> https://www.dxdy.ooo/freetype-web-jekyll/docs/reference/ft2-toc/

This looks great, thanks!

Some suggestions.

* What do you think about allowing line breaks after (or alternatively
  before) `_' in verbatim text.  Example: `CFF_CONFIG_OPTION_OLD_
  ENGINE'.

Do you mean breaking it to fit more text in a line? I'll look into this.

* It would be great if you could harmonize the appearance of the API
  reference with the remaining website.  As a starter, it could use the
  same serif font.  I can also imagine to slightly adapt the website
  to the appearance of the API reference in case this is simpler or
  more efficient.

I feel harmonizing the theme colors of the API reference to match
the remaining site and changing the fonts to serif should make them
look more similar.

I'll look at what else can be done to make the themes more consistent.

--
Nikhil