Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Updates for `pk' and `vf' driver.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Updates for `pk' and `vf' driver.
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 23:07:23 +0200 (CEST)

> * PK driver is now working properly and displaying glyphs in
>   `ftview'. There was a bug in vflib's code, the problem is its code
>   does not follow `pktype' properly, I have made corrections in the
>   `pk driver'.  I am attaching a screenshot of the output.

Excellent!  Please report bugs to the VFlib author also, just for
completeness.

Note that in your image it is still possible to see a bug: Glyphs are
`jumping' vertically (cf. `abcdef...').  Please fix that, using a
common baseline for all glyphs.

> * Some `pk' files (mostly files with large resolutions) are giving
>   errors in the `pk_read_n14' function and not displaying proper
>   glyphs in `ftview'.  I am working on it and will be fixed.

OK.

> * TFM module is working fine but returning incorrect metric values,
>   there are some conflicts between vflib's code and the `tftopl'
>   implementation, I will solve this and get it resolved.

As soon as this gets fixed, TFM files can be attached to both GF and
PK files, right?

> * I will add the complete code for the VF driver by tomorrow, and
>   this will also be working soon :-)

:-)