Re: [ft-devel] color framework

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] color framework
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 12:02:07 +0100 (CET)

>> Let's see whether someone is interested in this.  What about making
>>
>>   Add SVG support
>>
>> a GSoC project?  :-)
>
> Ooohhh that's an extremely interesting and tempting thing; I wish I
> could participate again (or had more time in general) :D

The former is possible AFAIK, the latter is your very own problem :-)

In general, the idea is as follows.

  * Evaluate the freely available SVG libraries which would fit the
    job best.
  * Define FreeType API functions and hooks for transferring data from
    the font's `SVG' table to the external library.
  * Ditto for transferring the resulting (bitmap) output back into
    FreeType.

Anything else?