Re: [ft-devel] Logging library proposal

From: armin
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Logging library proposal
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 14:20:26 -0000

> That's all I can think about it for the moment ... if I come across
something
> else I will add it to the thread.

To keep this memo board somewhat complete:  a key aspect of the logger
should also be the ease of "extegration";  meaning the logger has to be
compiled out completely by default (not leaving _any_ traces) -- (1) obvs.
for performance reasons but (2) also for all the projects that use FreeType
as a library (like we would use the logger).  Since we're in `C'-land this
is typically done using some sort of preprocessing magic but some loggers
might be easier to extegrate than others.

@Werner: I just checked https://www.freetype.org/gsoc.html and, if you like,
I can try to briefly (!) summarise more details to make it easier to
understand the challenges (and possible approach) when choosing this
project?

Armin