Re: [ft-devel] Variable fonts: hhea/typo/win metrics interpreted differe

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Variable fonts: hhea/typo/win metrics interpreted differently for instances compared to static fonts?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 21:07:22 +0000

Actually, Behdad, just so I understand correctly:

In the case of Cantarell, assuming the line gap is put at the top, toggling USE_TYPO_METRICS should _in theory_ not make any difference because each of hhea, typo and win sums up to a total height of 1200 font units (1000 upM font + 20% line spacing as recommended by the OpenType spec), no?

I'm asking because that's what I think should happen but does neither in Frefox nor in Chromium.