Where to put TTF's for use by GD

From: Chris Cooper
Subject: Where to put TTF's for use by GD
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 16:42:02 +0800

Hi folks,

Here's my really stupid Q for the day (yes only one ;-)

I've just installed Freetype as recommended by GD and would like to
copy across a TTF file from my Win98 PC so I can access this font via
GD.

Freetype can view the font fine - well, "./ftview ppem arial.ttf"
worked fine when popped the font in the current working directory.

I must be missing something blindly obvious since I can't seem to work
out where a TTF file should be placed on the system so that the font is
accessible by GD.pm, as per

... "

@bounds =
GD::Image->stringTTF(fgcolor,fontname,ptsize,angle,x,y,string) Class
Method

This method uses TrueType to draw a scaled, antialiased string using
the TrueType vector font of your choice. It requires that libgd to have
been compiled with TrueType support, and for the appropriate TrueType
font to be installed on your system.

" ...

It's the "how to install a TrueType font on your system" bit of the FAQ
and docs I seems to be missing (yes the Freetype docs that is ;-)

Any constructive suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chr!s

PS: Using GD-1.27, gd-1.8.1, libpng-1.0.6, zlib-1.1.2, jpef-6b and
freetype-1.3.1 on Solaris 2.6 & 2.7

- - - - - -
Chris Cooper                          address@hidden
Project Manager (CWIS)    address@hidden
Edith Cowan University       http://www.ecu.edu.au/
Pearson Street                      Tel:  +61 8 9273 8652
Churchlands                           Fax: +61 8 9273 8000
checking if we can use GCC-specific compiler options... yes
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
ordering CD from http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/wish .... just