building the freetype2 beta8 version on Windows NT

From: Venkatesh Chidambariah
Subject: building the freetype2 beta8 version on Windows NT
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:19:25 -0400

Hello:

I am trying to build the freetype2 beta8 library on a Windows NT 4.0
machine.  I downloaded a gnu Make executable from a website and placed it in
my C:\WINNT directory (this path is included in my environment).  When I go
to my freetype2 directory and type the command,
"make", or "make setup visualc", I get the following error message:
        make: ver: command not found
        make: echo: command not found
        make: *** [dos-setup] Error 127

It looks like the error is occurring in a detect.mk file (probably the one
under freetype2/builds/dos rather than the one under freetype2/builds/w32 -
I am not sure which).  I would appreciate very much if you can look at this
matter and let me know.  I would also appreciate if you can build the
library on a Windows NT machine and send me the same.

Thank you.

Venkatesh

Venkatesh Chidambariah
3015 Windward Plaza