[Freetype]2.0 release install problems on Unix systems

From: David Turner
Subject: [Freetype]2.0 release install problems on Unix systems
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 10:26:59 +0100

Hello,

  I'm a bit surprised by it, but it seems that the default installation
  path for FreeType 2 on Unix systems conflicts with the one used by
  FreeType 1 installs. More specifically, the paths containing the
  public headers collide.

  I have not monitored Unix builds until now, and I'd like to know
  Werner's opinion on the subject ? In the meantime, I'll change the
  default install path to "$prefix/include/freetype2" instead of
  "$prefix/include/freetype"

  I also think it would be a good idea to generate a small Unix
  script named "freetype-config" to be installed on the "bin" directory,
  acting like the now famous "glib-config", "gtk-config", etc..

  (basically, the script returns the installation path, as well as
   required C flags or linker flags when compiling an application
   that uses the library).

  Also, as anyone started writing some ACLOCAL macros for the
  library ??

  I'll re-package the release as soon as possible..

- David