Re: [Freetype]2.0 release install problems on Unix systems

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: Re: [Freetype]2.0 release install problems on Unix systems
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 18:27:24 -0500

David Turner wrote:

> > PS: for binary packages, I'd suggest to pay attention that they are
> > relocatable (rpm, deb),
> >     to avoid aforementioned conflict.
> >
> That's an excellent suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm not knowledgeable in the
> package management fields. I'd appreciate if someone could provide some
> spec files ??

unfortunately, I know these only as a user. I only know that rpm does have such
an option.
Unfortunately, more often than not the packages I tried to install in
/usr/local weren't
able to relocate because the person who created the package didn't think about
it...

Regards,        Stefan

PS: in any case, big congratulations for version 2.0 ! I'm looking forward to
use them,
    one of the reasons berlin didn't produce binary packages was that most of
the third
    party libraries we depend on (such as FreeType2 or GGI) are currently not
available
    as binary packages, so we can't create proper dependencies...

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal
email: address@hidden