Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.0 SNAFU

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.0 SNAFU
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:59:28 -0500

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > what was the reason to put the headers into
> > /usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype and not simply
> > /usr/local/include/freetype2 ?
>
> It was a last-minute fix from David before the 2.0 release.  It's
> quite unfortunate, I know, but using `/usr/local/include/freetype2'
> had caused changes in almost all FreeType source code files.
>
> On Unix, the final location really doesn't matter IMHO due to the
> `freetype-config' script.  Since we don't have `install' targets for
> other platforms, David's quick solution doesn't really hurt.

while it may work, I still consider it more clean if it can be
installed in standard places. Given that the above decision was
based on time constraints, wouldn't it be a good idea to change
that now, *before* the next minor release ?

Regards,        Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal