[Freetype] VC++ Project up to date?

From: Peter Montgomery
Subject: [Freetype] VC++ Project up to date?
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:14:49 -0800

I just downloaded the 2.1 FreeType and tried using the VC++ projects.
It seems like they may not be up to date.

1 - The library created is still called "freetype200b8_D.lib".
Shouldn't the name be changed to reflect the actual version number, etc?

2 -  The various demo projects don't compile since they have no source
code for them..  I had to download "ft201dmo.zip", unzip it, and then
copy all the files from that source tree to the main FreeType2/Demo
source tree.  The reason is that the demos in the FreeType tree (such as
ftstring, etc) have the source hardcoded like this...

D:\Program Files\DevStudio\MyProjects\FreeType2\demos\src\common.c

However, when you just unzip the demo tree, you get paths like this...

D:\Program Files\DevStudio\MyProjects\ft2demos-2.0.1\src

3 - I had to remove the linking references to "odbc32.lib" and
"odbccp32.lib".  A search on all my hard drives revealed no such
libraries.  I am using VC++ 5.0, so perhaps it has something to do with
that?

4 -  I am getting compile errors like this...

--------------------Configuration: ftstring - Win32
Debug--------------------
Linking...
freetype200b8_D.lib(ftinit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol _psaux_module_class
demos/obj/ftstring/debug/ftstring_D.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1
unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Perhaps the problem is my fault, but it just seems like the VC++
projects have perhaps fallen under the radar and haven't been kept up to
date with the rest of the tree.  IF someone can help me straighten this
out, I would be glad to return the updated and modified VC++ projects if
indeed they are at fault.

    Thanks,
    PeterM