Re: [Freetype] freetype 2.01 install

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: [Freetype] freetype 2.01 install
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 00:21:16 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Zdenko Dolar wrote:

> I have Linux with kernel 2.4.0 final, XFree 4.02 and KDE 2.01
> I downloaded freetype 2.01 as I want to use truetype fonts in X.

As Francesco pointed out, TTF support (FT1 based) should already
be included in your XFree86.

> There was something wrong with compilation/installation - see attached
> file.

Hmm...we have already seen this kind of wierd errors:

> builds/modules.mk:74: no file name for `include'

Unfortunately, it was a report not a personal experience. Apparently,
something very screwy happened when make tried to evaluate the following
expression:

        $(wildcard $(TOP)/src/*/module.mk)

First and as usual, check the most recent development snapshot. :)
Second, if the problem persists, try the following commands in the dir
where you installed FT2 and give us the results unless you can analyze
them yourself (if they are too long, do not send them to the list: either
make them available somewhere and give as a location (URL), or send them
to me in private mail, please):

1. ls src/*/module.mk  . . .  this should list many files
2. strace make         . . .  make should search all src/* for module.mk
3. make -d -p          . . .  TOP should be . among other things

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."