Re: [Freetype] Freetype 2.x and OS/2

From: J. Robinson
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Freetype 2.x and OS/2
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 19:08:47 -0500

Hithere (and thank-you for the response);

I downloaded the demo bundle and had an nice clean compile.
When I tried to run the demo programs, all the command-line programs ran
seamlessly.

Unfortunately, when I try to run any GUI-based test, my processor
immediately gets pegged at 100%.  The Presentation Manager draws the
frame of the window after a second, and then just hangs there (not even
painting the inside of the frame).  I can click-close the frame, but
still need to do an additional CTRL-C at the command line to stop the
program (in this case ftview.exe).

Just to ensure that may build environment was sane, I downloaded the
FreeType 1.3 source from Sourceforge and compiled it.  It compiled
cleanly, as did the demo programs.  In this case, all the demo programs
worked without a hitch... and yes... those fonts do look really nice!

Have the demo programs changed very much between version 1.3 and 2.x of
freetype?  I'm going to try looking at the differences between the two,
and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Jeff