[Freetype] Multiple master fonts and opengl

From: Wallace Chigona
Subject: [Freetype] Multiple master fonts and opengl
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:16:45 +0200

Hi,
I am using a Multiple master font with Freetype.  Here is the operation
which I am doing:
        Load the multiple master font,
        choose on the values of the axises (weight and width),
        get the outline for (some) glyphs
        render them using openGL and store them as display lists
I can then use the glyphs anytime any how.

The results are not very pleasing.  In some cases some strokes are
missing etc.

My questions are:
Can I use GLTT with multiple master fonts? (how?)
Can I render the characters using freetype and be able to keep them as
display lists?
(or as a last resort) use freetype in openGL directly without display
lists.  How then would I optimise the speed?

Regards,

--
---{ Wallace Chigona address@hidden }---
Institut fuer Simulation und Graphic, Uni. Magdeburg