[Freetype] examples for using FreeType with Mac fonts?

From: Paul Miller
Subject: [Freetype] examples for using FreeType with Mac fonts?
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:03:06 -0500

I'm looking for examples on how to get from a Mac font name (ie. "Helvetica Bold") to the appropriate FreeType Face. I assume I have to use some combination of Mac Font ToolBox calls to get to the Font resource/file, then from there to the face, but I have no idea what I am doing. Is there sample code somewhere that illustrates this?

Cheers!

--
Paul T. Miller | VP of Engineering, Profound Effects, Inc. | http://www.profoundeffects.com