Re: [Freetype] Anyone else using FreeType on MacOS? Found a bug...

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Anyone else using FreeType on MacOS? Found a bug...
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:43:00 -0400

At 9:29 AM -0500 10/25/01, Paul Miller wrote:
The problem is the face_index is never passed down to the
parse_fond() function which determines which sfnt to use. It always
picks the "first" sfnt.

        Yeah, that would be a problem - wouldn't it ;).

        Code looks fine from here...

Note that face_index should be in the index taking into account
scalable fonts only. Some fonts, like Times, have some non-scalable
bitmap sfnts first, but when iterating over the faces in Times,
face_index should only be incremented when a scalable face is
discovered.

        Agreed.

I also have some code that goes from a font name (like "Times New
Roman Bold Italic") to the appropriate FOND and face_index, if you
are interested.

        That would be great, thanks!

        I'm actually going to replace the current lookup code with
the new Font Manager routines that do some of this for you
(FMGetFontFamilyFromName()) and it will be interesting to compare the
results ;).

Note: I'm not really a "mac guy", so some of this could be wrong.
But it's certainly working for me!

        Should work just fine from what I can tell.

Leonard
                  You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol                       Internet:       address@hidden
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
Coola Signature: <http://signature.coola.com/address@hidden>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65