Re: [Freetype] Patents link

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Patents link
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 23:11:48 +0100

Detlef Würkner va escriure:

> Just want to point out that both freetype/PATENTS and
> freetype2/docs/PATENTS contain the link
>
> http://www.freetype.org/patents.htm
>
> but this does not work, the correct extension is "html".

Fixed, thanks.
And congratulations for the hawk eye!

> Also the two files are not identical, don't know if this is
> desired.

Well, I have modified the one in freetype/ (and ftpascal/)
according to the most recent information I have about patents,
which exist (AFAIK) in France, UK and USA. Since I do not want
to modifiy to much (read, anything beyond typo fixing)
Freetype 2, I did not realise the same changes in the Freetype 2
tree, letting this to e.g. David. My fault was that I did not
notify David or Werner of the "problem" when we discussed this.
As a result, the text are slightly different for about a year,
and they probably should not.

Note that the resulting text (in Freetype 2) is not wrong, it is
just less precise than the other one.

Antoine