Re: [Freetype] weird glyph width/heights

From: Brian Stell
Subject: Re: [Freetype] weird glyph width/heights
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 22:16:13 -0700

HaB JacKaL wrote:
> Well first...where can I find ftview?  I did a search on my system, and I
> don't have it.  Does it come with Freetype?

Its in the demos (which you will need to build);
eg: ft2demos-2.1.0.tar.bz2

You can find it here:
(http://www.freetype.org/)
(http://freetype.sourceforge.net/index2.html)
(http://freetype.sourceforge.net/download.html#stable)

> Also...I am still getting strange values event after shifting right 6 bits.
> Here is the code I'm working with.  My rendering function is omitted to
> conserve space:
>       w = (int )&slot->bitmap.width;

Any particular reason you are taking the *address* of the int
instead of the value of the int? (And I thought the bitmap values
were integers not 26.6 but it has been a while so I'm a bit
fuzzy).

>       w = w >> 6;
>       h = (int )&slot->bitmap.rows;
>       h = h >> 6;
>       printf("bitmap w = %d, bitmap h = %d\n", w, h);
> The output I'm getting is this:
>
> bitmap w = 2115978, bitmap h = 2115977

Brian Stell