Re: [Freetype] LoadGlyph Time

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: [Freetype] LoadGlyph Time
Date: 06 May 2002 17:38:31 +0100

VP> The only feature which PS Type1 hinting model doesn't have -
rendering/hinting
VP> for diagonal stems.

I seem to recall that Adobe have a convention for encoding diagonal
stems -- I think they use a vertical stem hint aligned with the
intersection of the (diagonal) stem with the x-height line, or some
such weird thing.  Perhaps in the Type 1 format supplement.

I have seen this convention used in Adobe's Type 1 fonts, although I
don't recall where exactly.  I'll try to find the font again.

Regards,

                                        Juliusz