Re: [Freetype] Does this font have a buggy format 4 cmap? :-)

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Does this font have a buggy format 4 cmap? :-)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:30:12 +0800

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 12:07:33PM +0800, Anthony Fok wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am investigating a font (HKSCS-2001, Arphic Ming, proprietary) and am
> trying to get it print HKSCS-2001 characters correctly.
>
>       http://anthony.homelinux.net/~foka/gs/BMIN00L.TTF.bz2
>
>       (Please don't re-distribute it, or I'll be in big trouble.  :-)

Actually, it was stupid of me to have posted the proprietary font for
download.  Even though it is intended for debugging purposes only, it has
been pointed out to me that my action may be considered "piracy". I have
acted irresponsibly to Arphic, to my company, and to the Free Software
community.  Therefore, I have pulled the file off-line yesterday.

My most sincere apology,

Anthony

P.S. Anyhow, if anyone is familiar with the story behind overlapping ranges
     in CMap format 4 in popular CJK fonts, please let me know.
     Many thanks!  :-)

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling
ThizLinux Laboratory   <address@hidden> http://www.thizlinux.com/