[Freetype] Freetype 2.1.3 Mac bugs - proper dfont handling

From: Paul Miller
Subject: [Freetype] Freetype 2.1.3 Mac bugs - proper dfont handling
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 11:58:18 -0600

(DISCLAIMER - I'm NOT a Mac-Head - I have no idea what I am doing. I'd rather have teeth pulled then use a Mac, but unfortunately I have to support it as a platform)

2. multi-resource .dfont files dont seem to work. If I try to load the second or third FOND from a dfont file (like Helvetica.dfont, etc) to get the Bold or Italic versions, it doesn't work for some reason. I'm looking into this now.

Ah - I see the problem now.

dfonts are not resource files. Yet the code in FT_New_Face_From_dfont treats the file as a resource file. For some reason, Get1IndResource() with a res_index of 0 gets the first face. But if res_index is not 0, it returns NULL.

Does anyone know how dfont files are really supposed to work, to get the second/third faces?