[Freetype] Another Mac Type1 FOND problem

From: Paul Miller
Subject: [Freetype] Another Mac Type1 FOND problem
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:58:57 -0500

Hi guys,

Previously I had been having trouble getting Type1 fonts working with FT (using 2.1.3 right now). I think I have discovered the problem. It seems to be a problem with parse_fond, and how it attempts to decipher lwfn filename post-fixes.

For example, I have a Type1 font that is split up into these files:

        Conques.t1      - the suitcase
        ConquBoo        - the Type 1 font for "Conquest-Book"
        ConquDem        - the Type 1 font for "Conquest-Demi"

Now, parse_fond properly figures out the lwfn PREFIX, which is Conqu, but it doesn't handle the post-fix style names correctly. Invariably it ends up with an lwfn name of "Conqu<garbage chars>", which of course doesn't exist.

Who is the current handler of the Mac fond parsing code? How can I work with that person ASAP to fix this issue? I'm really not familiar enough with the FOND format to fix the code myself.

Thanks much!

--
Paul Miller | address@hidden |                 Got Tivo?
VP of Engineering, Profound Effects, Inc. | www.profoundeffects.com