[Freetype] EOT support wanted, as well as PFR.

From: Kang Jeong-Hee
Subject: [Freetype] EOT support wanted, as well as PFR.
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:35:09 +0900

Hi.

I have a plan for browser engine, http://gybe.sf.net/
and am willing to support webfont for gybe.

GTK+ 2 uses Xft and Xft is client-side font architecture.
so webfont -- font manipulation at runtime -- is possible.

I suppose the routine to add font on list is simple:
 1. parse css and markup
 2. take the font url
 3. get font online
 4. load and parse by freetype or higher level.

but http://freetype.sourceforge.net/freetype2/index.html#features
does not list EOT, while PFR is on list.

every webfonts I've ever seen, however, are EOT, not PFR.
so this idea might be in vain, if freetype does not support EOT.

do you have EOT on wish list?

thx
kz