Re: [Freetype] metric differences Freetype vs. Truetype

From: Marc L Cohen
Subject: Re: [Freetype] metric differences Freetype vs. Truetype
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:30:24 -0500

>> GP> Just a guess... the hinter is different --> the output is different.
>>
>> Advance widths?
>
>Yes, the hinter can change the width of a gliph.

There is a difference between changing the width of the ink of a glyph and
the advance width, space to the next glyph. Changing the advance width can
have very serious effects on the layout of text, especially the nuerals,
which should all have the same advance width to allow vertical columns of
the digits.

>Bye.

Marc L. Cohen
Internal:address@hidden