Re: [Freetype] Freetype 2.1.3 Mac bugs

From: Wenlin Institute
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Freetype 2.1.3 Mac bugs
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:35:17 -0700

Somebody wrote:
 > FSPathMakeRef() takes a pascal string (as most, if not all, Mac path
 > functions do), but a C string is passed to it. So it always fails.

That's not true. FSPathMakeRef() takes a C string, and file_spec_from_path() works fine using Project Builder (the Apple IDE for the GNU C compiler).

Please don't kill the code for TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON!! It's correct.

It has been pointed out before that ftmac.c has problems with Metrowerks CodeWarrior. The issue is not C versus Pascal strings, it's the format for pathnames. Project Builder uses UNIX paths, in which the directory separator is a forward-slash (/). CodeWarrior uses classic Mac paths, in which the directory separator is a colon (:). Probably FSPathMakeRef() requires the UNIX format regardless of which compiler is used.

To accommodate CodeWarrior, I suggest changing the conditional as follows:

#if TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON && ! defined(__MWERKS__)

I already made this suggestion when the same issue came up back in February.

Tom Bishop

--

Wenlin Institute, Inc.        Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: address@hidden     Web: http://www.wenlin.com