Re: [Freetype] CID CMap support

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] CID CMap support
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 10:19:11 +0200 (CEST)

> > Shall we wait for your code (in case you are working on it) or
> > shall we try it ourselves?
>
> I want to wait for a while but....

OK.  Can you estimate how long?

> Here are patches to read CID CMaps.  But it is still alpha quality.
> So there are so many bugs and the public API may be changed in near
> future.
>
> * We cannot use the usecmap operator because I rewrite this part now.
> * We cannot use CID CMaps with 32bit range.

Very nice!  Here some minor comments:

  . I suggest that we first extend FreeType for your needs, this is,
    we apply preliminary changes (extending structures, adding
    auxiliary functions, etc.) which don't have serious impact on
    FreeType as a whole.  This makes the changes smaller and easier to
    control.  A first candidate is e.g. ps_parser_to_bytes.

    Can you send patches for that task?

  . CID_CMap_RangeType shouldn't be an enumeration but #defines --
    using the `|' operator with enums causes warnings for C and errors
    for C++.

  . Accidentally I've just implemented T1_FIELD_KEY which is the same
    as your proposed T1_FIELD_LITERALNAME.

      Werner