RE: [Freetype] improving render quality

From: Turner David
Subject: RE: [Freetype] improving render quality
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:05:57 +0100

> On Jan 16, 2004, at 6:39 PM, James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:
> > Looking at that image with some magnification, but w/o a copy of
> > lucida grande to play with, I suspect the os x version was drawn
> > w/o running the font's hinting.
> >
> > So try either compiling w/o the byte code interpreter or turning
> > it off at runtime in your code.  That may make the two look more
> > alike.
>
> Hi James,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. What is the API call for that?

it should be something like

  FT_Load_Glyph( face, glyph_index, FT_LOAD_NO_HINTING );

Hope this helps,

- David Turner

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.
The E-Mail transmission can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
NDS TECHNOLOGIES FRANCE will not therefore be liable for the message if
modified.