Re: [Freetype] Solaris 2.9 link problems

From: Thomas Hedler
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Solaris 2.9 link problems
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:05:50 +0200

Hi Werner!

thank you for your reply.
But this seems to be not the problem. Snip from src/base/rules.mk
(freetype-2.1.7):

[..]
# Base layer `extensions' sources
#
# An extension is added to the library file (.a or .lib) as a separate
# object.  It will then be linked to the final executable only if one of its
# symbols is used by the application.
#
BASE_EXT_SRC := $(BASE_DIR)/ftglyph.c  \
               $(BASE_DIR)/ftmm.c     \
               $(BASE_DIR)/ftbdf.c    \
               $(BASE_DIR)/fttype1.c  \
               $(BASE_DIR)/ftxf86.c   \
               $(BASE_DIR)/ftpfr.c    \
               $(BASE_DIR)/ftstroke.c \
               $(BASE_DIR)/ftwinfnt.c \
               $(BASE_DIR)/ftbbox.c

[..]

Another tip maybe?

Regards
Thomas

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I'm currently trying to compile KDE3.2 for Solaris 2.9.
But I have problems to link the libfreetype.so-lib, because always I
get the error message that the symbols FT_Done_Glyph, FT_Get_Glyph
and FT_Matrix_Invert are not referenced in the lib and using nm I
can prove this. These are all unreferenced symbols.

This looks like a bug in the Solaris KDE makefiles for FreeType.  They
apparently have forgotten to include the file `ftglyph.c'.  Have a
look into src/base/rules.mk, variable `BASE_EXT_SRC'.

   Werner