[Freetype] BDF support

From: Bastien Nocera
Subject: [Freetype] BDF support
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:03:08 +0000

Heya,

I was trying to get a .bdf font working with my GTK+ 2.x applications,
and realised that freetype (1.3.1) could not even open it:
$ ./ftview 64 /tmp/tixus-with-euro.bdf
Error while opening /tmp/tixus-with-euro.bdf, code = 0x10.
With 0x10 being:
#define TT_Err_Invalid_File_Format      0x010

The font is tixus:
http://hadess.net/files/gfx/tixus-with-euro.bdf.gz
and used to be working with gtk+ 1.x and the old X font handling:
http://www.hadess.net/files/gfx/tixus-with-euro.jpg

Are bdf fonts supposed to work, or is it a bug from my side?

Cheers

PS: Please CC: me as I'm not on this list.
---
Bastien Nocera <address@hidden>