Re: [Freetype] planning next release

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] planning next release
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:46:13 +0100 (CET)

> The 6 failures seem to be due to just two problems, one of them the
> inability to find the libfreetype.so library (5 builds), and the
> other the passing of incorrect flags to the compiler (1 build).

We rely completely on libtool to handle the creation of dynamic
libraries.  The failures on 64bit platforms are due to lacking support
in the used libtool version (1.5.6), I think -- does a newer
(reliable) version of libtool already exist to which I could upgrade?

The problem with the DEC Alpha 4100-5/466 machine looks different.
Here is the failing compilation command (shortened):

  ./builds/unix/libtool \
    --mode=compile c89  \
    <compilation flags> \
    -o /ftsystem.lo builds/unix/ftsystem.c
       ^

At the marked place a proper path is missing
(/export/home/.../freetype2-current/objs/).  I don't think this is a
problem with the makefiles of FreeType; I rather think that the used
version of GNU make on this particular host is buggy.

    Werner