Re: [Freetype] Regression from 2.1.7 to 2.1.8 (xpdf3/freetype)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Regression from 2.1.7 to 2.1.8 (xpdf3/freetype)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:36:42 +0100 (CET)

> I maintain Xpdf for blastwave.org which relies heavily on freetype.
> Between freetype version 2.1.7 and 2.1.8 there was a regression
> introduced which makes xpdf unable to exctract embedded truetype
> fonts when displaying pdf-files.  [...]
>
> What could cause such a regression between minor freetype version?
> Is this something you will investigate and fix or where do I start
> looking!? :)

This is probably the change which causes the problem (from the CHANGES
file):

    - Indexing CID-keyed CFF fonts is now working: The glyph index is
      correctly treated as a CID, similar to FreeType's CID driver
      module.  Note that CID CMap support is still missing.

You might look up the mailing list archive: Derek Noonburg wrote a
mail w.r.t. this change -- AFAIK, he has fixed it in recent xpdf
releases (but maybe I'm wrong).

    Werner