[Freetype] How to convert outlines to polygons?

From: Paul Pedriana
Subject: [Freetype] How to convert outlines to polygons?
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:05:10 -0800 (PST)

I am wondering what is an approach to convert a
TrueType font to a set of polygons (for 3D rendering).
I know how to use the GLU tesselator to convert a set
of line segments to triangles, but I don't know how to
best convert a TrueType font to a set of line
segments. This would presumably amount to converting
the curves to lines segments. I see
FT_Outline_Decompose, but that doesn't seem to do what
I need.

Thanks.