Re: [ft] FreeTypeRasterizeGlyph() ?

From: n l
Subject: Re: [ft] FreeTypeRasterizeGlyph() ?
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:32:07 -0700

Debian Etch is currently on
libcairo2  1.0.4-2
libfreetype6  2.2.1-2

Maybe I ought to forward these emails to libcairo2's debian package
maintainer, Dave Beckett?
What do you think?

And thanks for your help.

Nathan Lloyd

On 6/9/06, David Turner <address@hidden> wrote:
n l a écrit :
> Hi, I'm trying to figure out why, after debian etch's recent upgrade
> to xorg 7, emacs menu and buffer fonts look bad. I noticed that every
> time I start emacs, the following message gets appended a few times to
> Xorg.0.log:
>
> Warning: FreeTypeRasteriseGlyph() returns an error,
>        so the backend tries to set a white space.

This error message comes from Cairo, which version of this library
are you using ? It might be worthwhile to recompile Cairo _after_
having installed a recent version of FreeType on your system.

Also, which version of FreeType do you have installed ?

Let us know if this helps,

Regards,

- David Turner