Re: [ft] glyph composition

From: Adam Twardoch
Subject: Re: [ft] glyph composition
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:47:47 +0200

vira wrote:
I have to deal with glyph composition specially with a khmer font. I have
some trouble to handle this properly. Some glyphes have to be written
beneath or on the top of other gylphes. Any ideas to manage this with
freetype??
You need an OpenType Layout text engine that runs on top of FreeType, for example Microsoft Uniscribe, (http://www.microsoft.com/typography/developers/uniscribe/ ), ICU Layout (http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/ ) or HarfBuzz (http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fHarfBuzz ) which is used by Pango and Qt.

--

Adam Twardoch
http://www.twardoch.com/