[ft] Good fonts for aliased, auto-hinted display

From: Roland Hammerle
Subject: [ft] Good fonts for aliased, auto-hinted display
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 05:55:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am looking for good fonts that display very well when using settings aliased
and auto-hinting. I have a hard time adjusting to anti-aliased text. Everything
just seems to be too blurry to me. Unfortunately, most operating systems use
anti-aliasing nowadays (Mac OS X, Linux, and now also Windows Vista). However,
standard Linux distriubitions do not come with fonts that look as good as
Microsofts TrueType fonts without anti-aliasing. At least I do not know of any.

I am glad for any suggestions. Thank you.

Regards,
Romendo