[ft] Re: cyrillic "a" == latin "a", please

From: David Turner
Subject: [ft] Re: cyrillic "a" == latin "a", please
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:14:28 +0200

Hello Alexei,

I've attached a screenshot showing FreeType's rendering of DejaVu Sans
at 12 points for both Latin and Cyrillic characters. As you'll notice, it
doesn't exhibit the problem you reported. I've also checked at different
point sizes, and don't see anything like that with DejaVu

I guess that Pango or something else is using a *different* font to render
cyrillic characters. This really depends on your fontconfig settings as
well as the list of installed fonts on your system.

Nothing I can do for you here, try the pango mailing list.

- David Turner